- Intuitive approach to lateral design using physical object modeling.
- Lateral systems design for the whole building as a complete load path.
- Seamless integration with Vertical Systems module for complete structural design as one load path in a single model and user interface.
- Familiar CAD tools for quick modeling and editing.
- Automatic generation and update of walls, shear line grid, wall ID, etc.
- Display of wind and seismic load distribution and shear line re actions.
- Display of diaphragm forces due to discontinued shear walls.
- Display of diaphragm shear and moment diagrams.
- Automatic calculation of wind and seismic loads using ASCE 7-05 code.
- Editing of wind distribution for modeling complicated roof lines.
- Generation of windward and leeward wind forces separately to model floors with multiple diaphragms and multiple plate heights.
- Design segmented shear walls with variable plate heights.
- Design perforated walls, shear walls with shear transfer around openings and pre-manufactured shear panels.
- User customizable hardware and shear wall schedules.
- Design diaphragm nailing and calculation of chord forces, including variable depth and diaphragm openings.
- Cumulative uplift calculation and automatic hold-down selection, including detection of discontinuities at the headers.
MODELING AND ANALYSIS OPTIONS
- Modeling of multiple diaphragms within the same floor.
- Modeling of different plate heights and partially connected diaphragms.
- Automatic detection of unsupported uplift loads.
- Automatic detection of vertical and horizontal offsets in the lateral system.
- Modeling of walls with small horizontal offset as a single shear line.
- Provisions for modeling of additions to existing buildings.
- Options for modeling skewed walls and steel moment frames.
- Allowance for using different “R” values for shear lines.
- Import architectural CAD drawings and control layer settings.
- Vertical alignment of imported fragmented architectural floors.
- Export shear wall layouts with all hardware and indicators to DXF & PDF.
- Export shear wall and tie-down schedules to DXF & PDF.
- Generate key plan of shear walls complete with panel ID and end posts.
- Comprehensive reporting for quality control and plan check review.
- Complete reporting of design with reference to applicable code sections.
- Export report in MS Excel and Word formats.