- Intuitive approach to framing design using CAD interface and object modeling.
- Design entire building framing system in a single model to ensure complete reaction transfer and code check for each element.
- Seamless integration with Lateral systems module for complete structural design of shear walls and framing systems in a single integrated model.
- Familiar CAD tools for quick modeling and editing.
- On screen editing of all object properties and load assignments.
- Display of loads and location of supports to check model instantly.
- Visual warnings for lack of supports during modeling.
- Visual display of code checks including stresses and deflection.
- Automatic calculation of joist area and wall loads.
- Automatic reaction transfer all the way to the foundation.
- User assigned point, uniform, trapezoidal and area loads.
- User customized loads combinations in addition to standard code equations.
- Design of joists, beams, headers and posts in one model; no guessing.
- Design of sawn wood, Engineered Wood Products and Glulam.
- Redesign beams and posts on the fly without re-analyzing the model.
- Automatic selection of hanger support of joists and beams.
- Full code check for the entire structure with warnings about unsafe elements.
MODELING AND ANALYSIS OPTIONS
- Modeling of flush, dropped, inverted beams and ceiling beams.
- Modeling of simple and continuous beams and joists.
- Automatic detection of unsupported loads.
- Modeling tools for hillside construction.
- Easy on-screen editing of joists, beams and walls.
- Easy to change walls from bearing to non-bearing.
- Generation of pre-manufactured truss loads on the structure.
- Import architectural CAD drawings and control layer settings.
- Vertical alignment of imported, fragmented architectural floors .
- Export framing plans to DXF and PDF.
- Export framing and hardware schedules to DXF and PDF.
- Generate key plan of framing calculations for easy, thorough review.
- Comprehensive reporting of results for quality control and plan check review.
- Complete reporting of design with reference to applicable code sections.
- Export reports in MS Excel and Word formats.